Thursday, September 3, 2009

Late summer garden and a very good day!

What a crazy day...maybe even a crazy week! The day started like any other, Tracy woke first and made lunches for all of us (I love that about when school is in session - She makes the lunches in the morning and they are WAY better than the crap I pack for myself) I got up and made breakfast for all and then hit the road.

At work I had some pictures of the new garden gateway I built this summer. I wanted to share, so I attached 6 pics to an E-mail to my friends at the office, some surveyor friends, Sam, Joe, JP, Leo, Lili, Mom, Dad, Dan, Sarah, Ashley etc. I should have looked at the pic size.... 5mb each This turned out to be a problem I guess. The e-mail was so large I crashed our server for a about an hour and made some real issues for people trying to open their outlook.  Sorry  :)

I thought, oh great this is going to start the day off well, but in reality, it only got better. After a somewhat sluggish summer for work, this week the calls started to really pick up. Yesterday, they really started. I got requests for quotes and just plain handed out some great jobs. Even after I went home last night, one gentleman stopped at my home and asked me to survey his place and I got another call at home for another survey. More survey requests this morning on E-mail.

Another great thing...the weather. It's perfect and looks to remain so for a few days if not a dozen. Temps in the 70's, clear, dry-ish, very sunny, slight breeze and 40's at night, perfect sleeping and fire pit weather. Labor day weekend is coming and it looks to be a fantastic long weekend.

Also, had a nice chat with a friend on Windows Live. I almost never use it, but hit the button yesterday by mistake to start it, so I logged in just to see if anyone was there. Had a fun little conversation in Spanish. It's cool because you have to think on the fly, no dictionary, no spell-check. It's still not speaking, but it's better than just reading. Plus it was just cool to chat with a buddy that I've been getting to know over the last year or so. Thanks, fun talking to ya, JP!

Plus...(there's more? you say), I finally finished mowing the lawn last night and cleaning up the yard, so now it's time for the next project...the shed roof.  AND...Tracy got that badly abscessed tooth finally pulled (for free, yet!) and although it hurts like hell now, we both think things will be on the mend from here out.

So anyway...here are a few pics from the garden gate and the yard...and a link to see more if you are so inclined.  http://picasaweb.google.com/home

2009 08 09_18912009 08 09_1886  2009 08 31_2009 Sept Garden_1926 2009 08 31_2009 Sept Garden_1928 2009 08 31_2009 Sept Garden_1931 2009 08 31_2009 Sept Garden_1937

No comments: