Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend Update

Friday night -

Bought supplies after work and made JP’s Fish Tacos. They were a huge hit! Only problem is that I made them too big, more like a large burrito, and we all couldn’t move afterward. I may have been guilty of finishing off the fish in Jeremiah’s taco too  :)  Must learn moderation...

We ate down stairs and watched an episode of Craig Ferguson. Tracy & I watched a DVR'd episode of Trauma - some new show. It was OK...I'd watch it again.

Thanks for the NY invite. I don't have a Facebook account anymore, so I miss out on a lot of friends activities. Maybe again someday in the future.

Saturday –

Went to Tracy’s uncle Paul’s house up north (who is incidentally 2 years YOUNGER than me.) Haven’t seen his family in a long time, there are actually 3 more daughters now. (4 in total) His youngest, of 14 months, hung on me all day, giving me hugs and little presents like dollys, pieces of apple etc. What a cutie! Ken & Judy, The Jessies and Natalie (my super–cute niece) and Ray & Alice were there. It was a pretty rainy crappy day, outside and we just sat around and visited, looked at some of Paul and Doreen’s videos and ate, and ate and ate!!! We finally waddled out of there around 5:00, after spending a very enjoyable afternoon.

I liked Paul’s man-cave. Found out he ships off to Afghanistan, in 10 months I think. Paul is a huge guy, he towers at least a foot over me and he is built like Hulk Hogan. Very kind hearted, yet no one gives him, or anyone in his family, any crap. Weird to think he’ll be over there for a year.

After we got home and put the kids to bed Saturday night, Tracy & I watched Crank II. What a bizarre movie. It didn’t rate high on my list of movies, but maybe I needed to see Crank. After that debacle, we watched Saturday Night Live with Ryan Reynolds hosting and Lady Gaga as the musical guest. She isn’t what I thought. Sexy, but in a weird kind of way, I guess. Her music didn’t really do it for me.

Sunday

Got up early and made breakfast then Black Bean, Pumpkin and Turkey Chipotle chili. Went to Keene while it was still cloudy and crappy out and bought some needed supplies, then came back and listened to tunes while working on my shed. I put in in 2 more floor joists. One more to go, then the last corner brace, then the roof. All of a sudden it was 5:30, so I cleaned up and washed. We went down and watched a fantastic Patriots Game that I had DVR’d (I can’t stand watching 1 O'clock games and wasting my Sunday. Anyway, Pats won!!!)

We ate delicious chili and had brownies that Jem made for dessert. The kids went to bed after the game and I started working on an Our New England Life ~ 1st issue, until Larry David came on. Very funny, with the Seinfeld stuff. Also, we watched the season finale of Entourage...it's one of my guilty pleasure shows, but I love it. The finales always end the season completely, with a story for next year, but with current issues resolved, usually for the better. I’m glad we get to see more of Sloan (Emanuelle Chriqui) next year. Está una buenissima!

1 comment:

jp 吉平 said...

I'm glad to hear you like the fish tacos! Remember if you use less stuffing, you can eat more tacos! ;)