Tuesday, March 10, 2009

La clase de Español anoche

Another fun class last night! It’s an entirely different experience than my studies have been so far. No books, no reading, no writing….just speech. At the end of class we get a handout with the blocks of phrases and vocab we learned. We spend the entire class using words and phrases we have leaned and mix and match to have conversations with the other members of the class.

By the end last night, I had a little headache going, maybe headache is right…my brain was exhausted.

I got to speak with the profesora in the hall during break. She is very interesting. She is Pilipino and learned English in Britain, thus the British accent sometimes. She knows A LOT of different languages, I’m guessing. She said little things in French, Italian, German, Chinese and Japanese (that I counted) along with English and Spanish. She is full of energy and laughs often and makes the class fun, you don’t feel stupid for saying things wrong. Which I do! I know so many words and understand what she is saying, yet as soon as the finger is pointed to me to speak….duh!!! My brain and tongue do a big disconnects.

I felt she gave me a big compliment, when she said that I knew a lot of Spanish, so where did I study and for how long? I told her about Spanish pod and my books and writing with my friends.

Today…the roads are frozen again…small reprieve from mud season. I have NHLSA at noon. Tonight, Tracy has her Real Estate class.

No pics today…tomorrow maybe, the squirrel stuck in the mud. (He he)

No comments: