Monday, November 23, 2009

The weekend in review…

Friday

Didn’t make it to the cinemas or even out on Friday night. We wanted to see 2012, I’ve gotten mixed reviews. the fall back was Saturday night.

Saturday

Did chores Saturday morning and then worked out. a big workout, new routine…very intense and now I’m still very sore. Raked leaves in the afternoon

Saturday night Tracy, the kids & I went to an open house/ coffee house cafe/ open mike thing at the new Waldorf High School in Keene.  What a great time! Kids and adults performed. There are a lot of talented people at our school. 

Things that stick out in my mind:  a song with acoustic guitar and accompaniment by one of the kids on violin.  It was awesome! Also, a girl in 9th grade, Lydia, my daughter’s “8th-grader”, kept coming back up and doing a “blond joke” routine…she of course is blond and a dead ringer for an older version of Grace. Grace was so inspired that at the end of the show, she got up and did a little something. Another kid, a 9th grader, had written a song, and after performing a couple times already, got up and did his own song.

I can’t believe this community at Waldorf. People are excited to get up and let it out. It makes me want to learn something well enough to get up and perform. I’d love to have the nuts to get up and play guitar and sing for everyone…provided it was good ;)

Sunday

I have had such a big to-do list….some stuff has been on it for a couple years, and this summer (well actually, all of 2009), I did so many things.  On Sunday, we finally raked all the leaves out of the driveway. It seems like, because it’s a low spot, that’s where all the leaves collect. I then took a pick and rake and re-graded the driveway…the center was getting way too high and our car was bottoming out all the time. That hump has been bothering me for over a year. Done!

I also transplanted the big quince bush to the other side of the driveway. One more quince and cut down the dying maple, and I can finish my split rail fence and plant two more apple trees.  The apples of course, maybe even the maple tree are going to have to wait till Spring.

Made a great soup/chili that cooked all day. Came in around 4 and settled in for the Patriots.  They won.

I’m still sore….or more sore in different places this morning. Luckily, I have a class all day, and more chili for supper tonight.

No comments: