Thursday, April 30, 2009

I hate ticks!!

So I was having a fantastic day....it's 65F outside and sunny, light breeze. I spent the a couple hours before lunch walking around a beautiful cottage site on Spofford Lake.

swimming_aerial 

After Lunch I went to an old, abandoned gravel bank to look at a site for a house for a guy and to help inform him on what areas NOT to disturb (wetlands) so that he doesn't get in trouble. There are lots of briars and honeysuckle and hemlocks and other low shrubs. Some cattails and tall grasses. The black flies are starting to come out, so I had the creepy-crawlies when I got back to the office.

I sat down to review a boundary line adjustment plan and had the worst crawlies...then...aaagghhh. Ticks!  I pulled one off my shirt and killed it...a tiny one. I kept finding more. and destroying the little bloodsucking , Lyme disease ridden, vermin.  Me odio tan mucho las garrapatas!!

all4smallvariabilis

If there is one downside to being a surveyor and being able to spend time outside...its ticks! I've had Lyme disease twice...the first time many years ago and my legs were just about crippled one summer. Had it again last summer, but I got antibiotics. I'm going to feel icky now until I get home and take a shower.

No comments: