Sunday, December 6, 2009

The first snowfall

Back and forth to the woodshed Trip 2000?  almost done

   the woodshop side of the shedKids slidingmy beautiful goosey girl the arbor- pre-xmas lightsthe fence and gate

That's it for the garden George

Photos by Tracy Huntley          

Another great weekend. I love the cold weather and snow. I does play havoc with my business, but I always feel sooo good after spending a day outside in the snow.

Yesterday it started snowing around noon. Grace & I were stacking wood. We passed the whole afternoon. back and forth from the driveway to the shed.  Just as it was getting dark, we came inside, cleaned up quick and then went to Keene for Graces Spiral Walk at Waldorf. Its a cool ceremony we do every year at this time. Afterwards we went to Amiccis for the usual…a large pepperoni pizzas, buffalo tenders with blue cheese and 4 drinks.  We came home, put the kids to bed and dubbed around until SNL at 11:30.

Today, Grace & I spent the morning stacking the rest of our wood for winter in the shed. Later on the kids started sliding and I hung up Christmas lights on the fence and arbor/gate. Tracy took all kinds of pictures; she is working on a new art project that is pretty exciting. I think it goes on display/tour sometime in April.

I made one of my favorite crock pot soups, Caldo Verde, this morning. So here we are, it’s cold outside, Winter has set in, at least for the night. The fall chores are either completed or given up for the year, most of the Christmas shopping is done, or at least planned and there isn’t much left to do but enjoy the season. There’s a warm fire in the stove, the Christmas tree lights are lending a wonderful ambiance to the living room and everyone is relaxed and enjoying a few minutes of play before dinner.

Christmas Lights on the Arbor & Fence Arbor Light reflections on Snow

No comments: