Monday, May 18, 2009

Monadnock Waldorf Olympiad & NHLSA Surveyor in Court Conference ~ What a Weekend!!!

Friday - Monadnock Waldorf Olympics

This weekend was fantastic! I took Friday off to go watch Jeremiah participate in the Northeast Waldorf Schools Olympiad. The Kids at Monadnock Waldorf competed against Kids from New England and Quebec. I am very proud to say that Jeremiah won both the Javelin and the Discus in Form. He was 2nd for Discus in distance and 3rd in Javelin for distance. He also made it to the finals for the long jump and did really well in the 50 yard dash. I couldn't stop grinning.

Long Jump Javelin

It was so great to see him get called up to receive his laurel wreaths. He didn't win distance, so didn't expect anything...a complete shock to be singled out over 120 kids or so as the winner. He was one big happy boy....flying high on cloud nine (or maybe Olympus). The look on his face when they called his name....PRICELESS!!

Laurels

 

Saturday - The Surveyor in Court Conference

The Surveyor in Court conference was a big success! We had 70 attendees, from all over New England, not just New Hampshire. Friday we had our two speakers, and although I wasn't there, I heard from attendees that it was very interesting and well worth the money and time lost at work. I was there for the mock trial on Saturday and MC'd the event. We had a few glitches in scheduling during the day and had to ad-lib a bit....& I had a bit more personal participation than I was expecting, but all in all it went great!! So many positive comments after it was done. 

I know I said it at the conference, but I want to thank again all the participants. Virtually everyone donated their time for free, and in an industry where labor rates for Licensed Surveyors and Attorneys runs between $100-$250 hour, that's a lot of money donated (or billable time lost) I can't thank them all enough.

I think a big thanks also goes out to the attendees. Sometimes a seminar is hit or miss. If the attendees are interested and feel the class is relevant, it can go well; if they are bored or just there for Continuing Education credits for license renewal...it can be a long day. The people that came were fantastic! Very interested, great questions, intelligent conversations....they made the day the success that it felt it was.

Of course one of the biggest thanks goes to Barbara, who REALLY did all the work getting this going and making sure it went well. I would have been at a complete loss without her.

Sunday

Gardening and relaxation...improving on my personal Eden.  aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

& JT won Survivor!  ha ha :)

No comments: